Location: The 4 stars “GLARUS” condominium is located in the Northern part of “Golden Sands” resort, in an immediate proximity of the yacht port and amphitheatre of the resort. It is situated on first line and only the coast walkway (promenade) divides it from the beach. Exceptionally quiet location, far from the congestion and clamour of the resort center. General description: The complex consists of 2 bodies, connected by a bond between them: body “A” has 11 overground floors, with a perpendicular situation to the beach, and body “B”, having 4 terraced floors, parallel to the beach. There are car parking places to the complex. The complex is central air-conditioned and has hotel part and flats for sale, as well as entertainment places and pause places as follows:
• In the basement floor there are at disposal: • staff rooms • laundry • restaurant kitchen • technical block • conference room • recreation centre • fitness room • tavern
• High body “A” has 11 floors, first one is a ground floor and is occupied by the reception, foyer, lobby-bar, computer room, shops and exchange room, safety boxes, 3 lifts. The main restaurant is situated here also. The remaining 10 floors are divided in: first 3 are residential floors with 27 self catering apartments and 3 double rooms. All of them with a sea view, and 6 – with a frontal sea panorama. The other floors, from 4th to 10th are the hotel part, consisting of 86 double rooms and 18 flats – all having sea view, and 12 of the flats with a frontal sea panorama.
• Low body “B” – in a terraced form, has 4 floors and disposes of 10 self catering apartments and 1 double rooms - all with a frontal sea panorama. There is a lift for this body also.
• Rooms and flats in the hotel part are equipped in accordance with the requirements for a category 4 stars • air-conditioned • with 2 beds • a cable TV • balcony • minibar • bath • shower
• Self catering apartments consist of a bedroom and living room with a kitchen, all are furnished same to meet the requirement of 4 stars category.
• Entertainment and restaurant establishments: “GLARUS” condominium disposes of the following establishments for its guests: • Restaurant with 120 places and with a terrace for 60 guests, with sea panorama • Beer-garden with 30 inside places and outside tables, situated on the shore promenade for 30 guests • Lobby-bar, situated in the foyer in the ground floor of body “A” • Pool-bar, situated near the low body “B” • Pool, separated for adults - 192,8 m2 and for children - 20 m2. • Conference room with 80 places • Recreation centre, offering: sauna, jacuzzi, different kinds of massage, massage cabins for water massage and vapour bath, hair - dresser, manicure, fitness room, table tennis, medical doctor Hotel Facilities:
• General - Restaurant, Bar, 24-Hour Front Desk, Newspapers, Terrace, Non-Smoking Rooms, Family Rooms, Elevator, Safe, Baggage Storage, All Public and Private spaces non-smoking, Air Conditioning.
• Activities - Sauna, Massage, Ping Pong, Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal).
• Services - Laundry, Currency Exchange.
• Internet - Wired internet is available in public areas and is free of charge.
• Parking - Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
Please click on button [Add review] and share with us your opinion.
By sharing your experiences you're helping travellers make better choices for their trips. Thank you!
Glarus HotelMary Smalley | 1 out of 1 found this review helpfulMy family enjoyed our stay in this hotel so much we have booked again for our 2003 family holiday.
It will be our third holiday at Golden Sands.Was this review helpful to you? YesNoGlarus HotelChris Jones | 1 out of 1 found this review helpfulStayed at the hotel Glarus 2003 best holiday my wife have had. Very friendly staff great location, the resort is fabulous. Recommend Bulgaria with no reservations.Was this review helpful to you? YesNoGlarus HotelMrs K Dunstan | 1 out of 1 found this review helpfulWe were moved to this hotel as the one originally booked was yet to open, the manager has no prople skills and doesnt even say good morning when she sees you at reception.
We were greeted by 4 slices of dry bread with a small slice of salami and a slice of processes cheese in the other (hardly any butter) an apple and a bottle of water. All/inc includes breakfast at 07.30 TO 10,00 and this is the only time you can get coffee without paying during the day. Ice cream is only between 3 and 5 pm. All/inc alcohol has 5 choices all of poor quality. You can buy branded alcohol in the lobby bar but the prices seem to be hit and miss. One jack ([+]view more) daniels and a bottle of coke is 7 lev, however a double with one bottle of coke is 17 lev ????.
The internet is only accessible in the hotel lobby and cannot be accessed in the room or pool area.
The food at breakfast is poor and always cold. Lunch and dinner is slightly better but the same choices repeated most days.
The rooms though are of a good size and there is a fridge if you want to buy your own food and drinks for the room.
If you want coffee at the pool it is served in a plastic cup which is not able to withstand heat so the bottom becomes rounded so you cannot stand it down.
I feel there are a lot of changes needed to make this hotel a 4*, I would currently rate it a 2*. I would not advise anyone to stay here all/inc especially if you have small children. Further down the road it is more lively and the hotels are much better.Was this review helpful to you? YesNo